Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activation lock

okay so long story short is that my aunt sold an iphone 11 to a old lady on facebook and she didn’t want it so she returned it to my aunt. my aunt gifted it to my sister for her birthday but there is an activation lock on it and we tried to contact the old lady to get it off but she isn’t responding. i have tried everything please help

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 11:30 PM

zoeyybellaa Said:

"activation lock: okay so long story short is that my aunt sold an iphone 11 to a old lady on facebook and she didn’t want it so she returned it to my aunt. my aunt gifted it to my sister for her birthday but there is an activation lock on it and we tried to contact the old lady to get it off but she isn’t responding. i have tried everything please help "

-------

What to do:

Have the Seller Sign Out:

The person currently signed in needs to sign themselves out of iCloud on it. You'd have to have this sent back, and have them use this link: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. They should have known better. If they do not sign out, then it is useless to you. Being a theft deterrent, that's just the way it is :(

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 11:30 PM in response to zoeyybellaa

zoeyybellaa Said:

"activation lock: okay so long story short is that my aunt sold an iphone 11 to a old lady on facebook and she didn’t want it so she returned it to my aunt. my aunt gifted it to my sister for her birthday but there is an activation lock on it and we tried to contact the old lady to get it off but she isn’t responding. i have tried everything please help "

-------

What to do:

Have the Seller Sign Out:

The person currently signed in needs to sign themselves out of iCloud on it. You'd have to have this sent back, and have them use this link: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. They should have known better. If they do not sign out, then it is useless to you. Being a theft deterrent, that's just the way it is :(

activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.