Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove iPhone's activation lock?

I purchased an iPhone 5 for my little brother recently from a thrift store in fortcollins CO and after i charged it i tried to set it up for him and got a message that it was activation locked and i cant unlock it or have anyway to contact the owner can anyone help me

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 5

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 7:44 PM

If you can't reach the previous owner whose ID is on the device and have them go to https://www.icloud.com/find/, erase the device, then remove it from their account, then the device is useless. Apple won't unlock it.

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support.  *

3 replies

Oct 11, 2022 8:14 PM in response to CVM_R0CK3T

CVM_R0CK3T Said:

"HOW DO I GET RID OF AN ACTIVATION LOCK AFTER I PURCHASED A DEVICE FROM A THRIFT STORE"

-------

Officially, you've Been Scammed:

Intentional or not, you've been scammed. So, return this. This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support. The store's staff should have known better.

How to remove iPhone's activation lock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.