Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Activation lock

Hello Apple Community! So I recently just bought an IPhone 13 from a friend and it has a activation lock on and I don’t know how to get it off and neither do they. I need help with this problem

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 10:20 AM

We cannot help you remove Activation Lock and Apple won't help you either. The only person who can remove Activation Lock is the person you bought the phone from.

Here is a link you can share with them --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

If they cannot do this, the ONLY other option they would have is to provide the original purchase receipt clearly showing the serial number of the iPhone it to Apple and then and only then would Apple be willing to help.

If they don't have it and they cannot remove Activation Lock, get your money back as the phone will be useless to you.

Read this as well --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2022 10:20 AM in response to kwon272

We cannot help you remove Activation Lock and Apple won't help you either. The only person who can remove Activation Lock is the person you bought the phone from.

Here is a link you can share with them --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

If they cannot do this, the ONLY other option they would have is to provide the original purchase receipt clearly showing the serial number of the iPhone it to Apple and then and only then would Apple be willing to help.

If they don't have it and they cannot remove Activation Lock, get your money back as the phone will be useless to you.

Read this as well --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

iPhone Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.