Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an iphone recently with an activation lock on it. How do i remove it?

I recently bought an iphone 5c with an activation lock on it. I need know how to remove it

iPhone 5c

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 9:47 PM

Whoever has control over the Apple ID has to approve it. It would require entering the entire email address for the Apple ID and the password. If someone sold it to you and forgot to clear it, it can be done remotely.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Apple may be able to override the activation lock if you can prove that you're the rightful owner. This might require something like the original receipt or perhaps a death certificate where the device was inherited. Otherwise, it's a feature designed to prevent stolen devices from being used until the rightful owner can release it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 9:47 PM in response to Gingercoins

Whoever has control over the Apple ID has to approve it. It would require entering the entire email address for the Apple ID and the password. If someone sold it to you and forgot to clear it, it can be done remotely.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Apple may be able to override the activation lock if you can prove that you're the rightful owner. This might require something like the original receipt or perhaps a death certificate where the device was inherited. Otherwise, it's a feature designed to prevent stolen devices from being used until the rightful owner can release it.

I bought an iphone recently with an activation lock on it. How do i remove it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.