Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clicking noise in music

When I start playing a song, or skip to a spot and it begins playing, there is a clicking noise on my iPhone XS Max. I listen to white noise when I sleep and it’s really annoying that it clicks every time the track loops. (Generally Music is super glitchy, stalling often when I lock my phone and randomly stopping playing for no apparent reason.) It happens on all songs and changes slightly in volume each time. Sometimes it’s louder and other times quieter. Just want it to stop.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 2:15 AM

5 replies

Jan 17, 2022 6:43 AM in response to josh_b_b

Greetings josh_b_b,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We see that you have not received a reply to your question yet.

Which specific software version is installed on your iPhone XS Max (Settings > General > About)?

Is this content from an Apple Music subscription, or another source?

The more detail you can provide, the better the chances of receiving a reply.

Cheers.

Jan 17, 2022 12:41 PM in response to Dustin_R_308

Currently 14.8. Yes, the music is from Apple Music Subscription. I've tried some other apps and it occurs also in Podcasts, Voice Memos and a third party music recording app called Spire. Not on YouTube app or on videos in Photos, some other apps do not present this issue. I expect it may be an issue with processing audio files.

Something I just noticed is when it makes the clicking noise, the marker on the time bar that marks the current position in the track, skips backwards slightly when I press play or drag the marker to a spot in the track and it begins to play again. It's as if it's playing all of the signal in that section at once, when it skips back.

Clicking noise in music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.