Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SPB Exchange prices for shares in Numbers

How to enter the company's ticker into the function arguments to see prices for shares from the St. Petersburg stock exchange? For example, for the Moscow Exchange I enter "SBER.ME"

"TCS.SPBE" - error

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 7:57 AM

Numbers gets its prices from Yahoo! Finance. If you can find Yahoo! Finance symbols for the St Petersburg stock exchange then you should be able to use those. In general though I suspect it is best to stick to the major exchanges. And I wouldn't use Yahoo! data for anything other than rough indicative pricing for the previous day. For a widely traded security like Sberbank it seems unlikely there would be a significant difference between quotes on the Moscow exchange and the St Petersburg exchange even if Yahoo! Finance were to provide both.

SG

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2022 7:57 AM in response to anstlnv

Numbers gets its prices from Yahoo! Finance. If you can find Yahoo! Finance symbols for the St Petersburg stock exchange then you should be able to use those. In general though I suspect it is best to stick to the major exchanges. And I wouldn't use Yahoo! data for anything other than rough indicative pricing for the previous day. For a widely traded security like Sberbank it seems unlikely there would be a significant difference between quotes on the Moscow exchange and the St Petersburg exchange even if Yahoo! Finance were to provide both.

SG

Jan 16, 2022 12:16 PM in response to SGIII

I'm from Russia and I trade foreign shares only on the St. Petersburg stock exchange that's why I need stock prices from there. Unfortunately I couldn't find symbols for the St Petersburg stock exchange on Yahoo! Finance but I guess that for rough indicative pricing for the previous day u.s. exchanges would be nice for me.

Thanks.

SPB Exchange prices for shares in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.