Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery mode issue

Im using macbook pro late 2011. I want to format and reinstall mac os . I tried several times Command + R shortcut but it's not worked..how can I fix that

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 9:25 AM

shashen97 wrote:

Im using macbook pro late 2011. I want to format and reinstall mac os . I tried several times Command + R shortcut but it's not worked..how can I fix that

Try Option Command R

How to reinstall macOS

Recovery (both M1 and Intel) — https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

5 replies

Jan 16, 2022 9:42 AM in response to shashen97

It would help to know what happens when you try to use Recovery Mode. Is it attempting to boot at all? What is the exact error message you encounter and when does that error occur?

Have you tried Internet Recovery Mode using Command + Option + R? It is best to do this by connecting the laptop directly to the router using an Ethernet cable as it is a faster more reliable network connection that bypasses hard to troubleshoot WiFi issues.

If this laptop still boots normally or if you have access to another compatible Mac from 2008 to 2017, then you can create a bootable macOS USB installer instead (for either macOS 10.11 or 10.13 depending on the exact model of the other Mac).

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Why are you trying to perform a clean install? It is possible the problems you are having booting into Recovery Mode are related to the issues you are having with the laptop when booted normally. If your laptop is not booting normally, then try booting into Safe Mode.

Try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

Do you have the 13", 15", or 17" model?

Jan 16, 2022 11:37 AM in response to shashen97

What do you mean it did not work. That covers a lot of possibilities. What actually happened when you held the keys for Recovery Mode? Keep in mind we cannot see what is happening so details are important for us to understand exactly what is or is not happening.

Try using an external wired USB keyboard to boot into Recovery Mode or Internet Recovery Mode just in case the built-in keyboard is bad.

Recovery mode issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.