Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help...

I am attempting to reset a MacBook but I took a wrong turn and am now stuck in recovery mode. I am using another device to post this by the way. I'm trying to reinstall macOS X and I'm not seeing the drive I need to see. Please give me ideas on what I should do!

MacBook

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 11:37 AM

Hard disk drives (HDDs) are not in a shortage, near as I can tell. This means major online vendors all have HDDs.

As for a wrong turn, make sure the Show All Devices selection is set in Disk Utility, and—depending on how wrong he wrong turn was—reformat the entire storage device in the Mac, and reload macOS. (This will erase the entire contents of all partitions.)

Intro to macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Erase and reinstall macOS - Apple Support

If this is an Intel-based Mac, booting Recovery Option-Command-R gets the latest macOS for the Mac in use.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 11:37 AM in response to Supergamerisawesome

Hard disk drives (HDDs) are not in a shortage, near as I can tell. This means major online vendors all have HDDs.

As for a wrong turn, make sure the Show All Devices selection is set in Disk Utility, and—depending on how wrong he wrong turn was—reformat the entire storage device in the Mac, and reload macOS. (This will erase the entire contents of all partitions.)

Intro to macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Erase and reinstall macOS - Apple Support

If this is an Intel-based Mac, booting Recovery Option-Command-R gets the latest macOS for the Mac in use.

Please help...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.