Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac doesn't recognize my iPhone 13 Pro Max

My mac doesn't recognize my iphone 13 pro max. I did all possible tests but to no avail.

Does anyone have the same problem?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 3:10 AM

Problem solved with the help of an apple technician in Italy.

Problem encountered on my iphone 13 pro max: failure to recognize my Mac and consequently inability to make backups.

Cause: while transferring data from the old iphone (11pro max) to the new iphone (13 pro max) something went wrong.

Remedy: I had to reset the contents of my iphone 13 pro max and make it as if it were new, and put all the apps back manually and not from previous backups.

After that I connected my iphone to the Mac and finally the Mac recognizes the iphone and I can make all the backups I want.

I hope that this experience of mine can help someone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 3:10 AM in response to PasqualeLuigi

Problem solved with the help of an apple technician in Italy.

Problem encountered on my iphone 13 pro max: failure to recognize my Mac and consequently inability to make backups.

Cause: while transferring data from the old iphone (11pro max) to the new iphone (13 pro max) something went wrong.

Remedy: I had to reset the contents of my iphone 13 pro max and make it as if it were new, and put all the apps back manually and not from previous backups.

After that I connected my iphone to the Mac and finally the Mac recognizes the iphone and I can make all the backups I want.

I hope that this experience of mine can help someone.

My mac doesn't recognize my iPhone 13 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.