Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update my iPhone location to use Near Me assistance?

How do I update location to use near me assistance, I.e., movies near me

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 11:05 AM

Hello Deegamble,

Are you trying to update your location for searches within an app?

If so, your related article Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is helpful to ensure the correct services are turned on. For additional information, see About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS.

You can also make sure the language and region on your iPhone is correct Change the language on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If this is network related, you can try connecting to different Wi-Fi networks. If the location on your Wi-Fi network is not what you expected, contact the network provider. If you are using a VPN, temporarily uninstall it to ensure it is not affecting the network location.

If this is within a particular app, you may want to contact the app developer How to contact an app developer for assistance.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 11:05 AM in response to Deegamble

Hello Deegamble,

Are you trying to update your location for searches within an app?

If so, your related article Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is helpful to ensure the correct services are turned on. For additional information, see About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS.

You can also make sure the language and region on your iPhone is correct Change the language on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If this is network related, you can try connecting to different Wi-Fi networks. If the location on your Wi-Fi network is not what you expected, contact the network provider. If you are using a VPN, temporarily uninstall it to ensure it is not affecting the network location.

If this is within a particular app, you may want to contact the app developer How to contact an app developer for assistance.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

How do I update my iPhone location to use Near Me assistance?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.