Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange Screen Sharing App was running in the background

Strange Screen Sharing app seems to be running in the background while facebook was being used.

Suddenly I doubled click the Home button on my iPhone 6 Plus, I noticed a blank transparent screen running and it is labeled as Screen Sharing along with facebook app. I have downloaded photo from the internet for someone was talking about the same incident and the app icon is the same one I’ve seen on my iphone and I attached it for reference. I have never even seen this app before can someone please explain?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 4:17 PM

Same thing happen in my phone. There is no FaceTime installed in my iPhone. Is this spyware or virus or hacked? Plz inform me.

21 replies

Mar 3, 2022 1:26 AM in response to AliSim

Hi All,

I'm writing this again to report the same issue that I'm seeing almost every day again and again, but now it is always associated when establishing calls.

I have done every small thing from uninstalling apps to factory reset. unfortunately, yet couldn't know why this was and still happening. I believe Apple has to be engaged with this as it is high concerning issue.

Jan 17, 2022 10:20 AM in response to AliSim

Hello AliSim,

We understand you have a question about an app on your iPhone. If you do not recognize it we recommend looking for it in your app list and removing it as outlined here: Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If this app is only open and associated with Facebook we recommend contacting the developer: How to contact an app developer

Best regards.

May 27, 2022 7:24 AM in response to AliSim

Can this be a glitch in the iOS? Did you recently upgrade to iOS 15.5? I ask this because it likes to appear when your device is using the microphone and/or camera (think of making a call or using FaceTime)

Whats weird tho, is that I don't recognise the logo. It looks like an apple logo but I cannot reproduce it on my own devices or find it online (and I use screen sharing between my devices (mutiple Macs and iPhone and iPad) a lot. So you should say that I have to be familiar with how that looks

Oct 10, 2022 11:26 PM in response to katja1711

I’ve had same thing ! I do have a stalker / hacker not an ex an ex employee who stole from me. He’s been arrested 75 times and prison6 times for same thing stalking stealing identity . Police do nothing . Private detective helped, waiting for fbi to contact me on him using my home address for 2 yrs till 2021 . Please help guys . My life is in danger

Jul 23, 2022 1:08 PM in response to The_beatles

I have been having the same issue since spring 2022, and just recently again. I have a new iPhone 8 less than a month old which Apple replaced with my other iPhone that was less than a year old. It was doing it on that iPhone, too. It is very triggering to me as well. It’s behaving like malicious stalkerware. I’ve had messages and iCloud emails disappear &/or not deliver even though it gets sent, I lose my copy of my sent iCloud email because it’s nowhere to be found in the sent folder. I even BCC myself I don’t receive my own email. (?!) Forwarding is disabled. For the screen sharing, it only happens after I end a call, and it is always associated with the iPhone App. I don’t have Facebook or hardly any apps installed. Apple can’t tell me why. I have done everything possible to fix the issue hundreds of times. Also, other weird behaviors like disappearing contacts. Apple says everything is fine with my iPhone. I always keep everything updated. I am very worried.

Apple, will you tell us what is going on and why only certain customers are experiencing this with the phone app? I had no other apps open. I was not connected to Wi-Fi during the call. Below I have screenshots.

Please provide feedback/answers ASAP. Too much time has passed without any explanation. Thank you.

May 27, 2022 7:16 AM in response to NotTheTimbs

I think it’s some kind of glitch in the OS associated with the

(yellow = microphone), and (Green= camera), indicator lights that show up In the top right corner when they are being used .Maybe it’s the indicators actual app? But I’m not gonna lie it triggers me every time it happens.

If there is a Illuminati or some other group of weirdos thats going to go this far to watch a phone conversation take place or catch a glimpse of something perverse then 🤷‍♂️

All I know is I never gave anyone permission. So therefore I’m not worried.

(I’m not saying it’s aliens 👽

but it is the aliens 👾)

Strange Screen Sharing App was running in the background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.