Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t see option to sync library on my mac

how do I sync my iTunes library from my mac to iPhone

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 6:08 PM

Sync Music (on) is the same as iCloud Music Library (on), different terms for the same thing depending on the age of the software. If you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match the intention is that you enable iCloud Music Library in both iTunes and your device, and each gets access to the full cloud library. On the device you can choose what to download for offline use.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2022 6:08 PM in response to ItsJustJuan

Sync Music (on) is the same as iCloud Music Library (on), different terms for the same thing depending on the age of the software. If you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match the intention is that you enable iCloud Music Library in both iTunes and your device, and each gets access to the full cloud library. On the device you can choose what to download for offline use.

tt2

Jan 16, 2022 3:58 PM in response to Stefscheetz

I am sadly experiencing the same issue. I noticed on iTunes that the "Sync Music" option is not available for me (iTunes 12.8.3.1 running on High Sierra 10.13.6). Under the settings option via iTunes for the iPhone (the third step of the attached link above), I only see "ICloud Music Library is On" and it only allows me to sync voice memos. I don't see the same menu that is shown on the help article to sync specific music or the entire library. I am not seeing any of my library on the Music app on my 13 Pro Max after syncing multiple times. This is super frustrating as I have tons of music that is not available for streaming via Apple Music. This has got to be a bug as I had no issues with accessing my library before upgrading my phone from the XS Max.

Jan 16, 2022 9:43 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for the clarification on that, TT2! I noticed on the iTunes’ settings that the iCloud sync option was turned off. After checking that option, all my downloaded playlists from Apple Music were auto added to my iTunes. 😓 not the ideal situation for me in regards to organization — I personally would’ve preferred them to be two separate libraries, but beggars can’t be choosers 🤷🏻‍♂️. I wish there was a way to just manually select items or auto sync the library without iCloud again, but at least now I can see my library on the iPhone Music app… Thank you for your assistance with resolving that issue!

I don’t see option to sync library on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.