Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase all content on new MacBook Pro because I mistaking created a new Apple ID because I was unable to log on with my current ID so I don’t have access to any of current information

How do I erase my MacBook back to factory settings?

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 6:25 PM

Hi Chantalinwi,

Erasing your Mac won't delete your new Apple ID. If you're absolutely sure that you want to delete your new Apple ID, visit the Apple ID privacy portal. Please note that the below consequences will apply:

• Any content purchased using the new Apple ID will be lost forever. If you purchased that content using your old (real) Apple ID, you will still have access to it through that Apple ID.

• Once your new Apple ID is deleted, you will NEVER be able to use that email address again for any Apple ID.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2022 6:25 PM in response to Chantalinwi

Hi Chantalinwi,

Erasing your Mac won't delete your new Apple ID. If you're absolutely sure that you want to delete your new Apple ID, visit the Apple ID privacy portal. Please note that the below consequences will apply:

• Any content purchased using the new Apple ID will be lost forever. If you purchased that content using your old (real) Apple ID, you will still have access to it through that Apple ID.

• Once your new Apple ID is deleted, you will NEVER be able to use that email address again for any Apple ID.

Erase all content on new MacBook Pro because I mistaking created a new Apple ID because I was unable to log on with my current ID so I don’t have access to any of current information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.