Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locks on Behavior Durations - Motion 5.6

How do I lock the durations of behaviors in my Motion template so that they stay the same in Final Cut Pro even if I change the duration of the graphic in Final,Cut? (Motion 5.6)

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 3:25 PM

You need to use Timing markers. There are 3 kinds (with 2 variants):

Build In (Mandatory or Optional)

Build Out (Mandatory or Optional)

and Project Loop End.

To set these markers at the project level, make sure NO layers are selected. You can set the Playhead to the time you need to set the marker and type M to set the marker then Option-Command-M to call up the dialog to set which kind of marker you want.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2022 3:25 PM in response to tschmid77

You need to use Timing markers. There are 3 kinds (with 2 variants):

Build In (Mandatory or Optional)

Build Out (Mandatory or Optional)

and Project Loop End.

To set these markers at the project level, make sure NO layers are selected. You can set the Playhead to the time you need to set the marker and type M to set the marker then Option-Command-M to call up the dialog to set which kind of marker you want.

Locks on Behavior Durations - Motion 5.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.