Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Motion Generator - Animated Lower 3rd

I built a custom lower 3rd in Apple Motion. The graphic animates in and holds for several seconds . When I add the lower 3rd to a project in FCPx and trim it to the length of my clip, the animation SPEEDS UP! How can I fix this to be able to trim the lower 3rd in FCPx and not effect the original Motion animation?

Thanks!

Posted on May 24, 2022 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 11:13 AM

Templates from Motion speed up or slow down when their lengths are changed in Final Cut. This is normal. If you want to restrict this behavior, you can apply a Build In Mandatory marker. In Motion, make sure no layers are selected (not even the "Project" label!). Type Command-Shift-A to deselect everything or click in a blank spot in the Layers List. Set the Playhead at the end of your project (or where you need explicit timing) and type the 'M' key, then type Command-Option-M to open the Marker dialog. Select Build In Mandatory from the "Type" dropdown and Save. Your timing in FCP should be exactly as you expect regardless of how you retime the template.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 11:13 AM in response to Briar1138

Templates from Motion speed up or slow down when their lengths are changed in Final Cut. This is normal. If you want to restrict this behavior, you can apply a Build In Mandatory marker. In Motion, make sure no layers are selected (not even the "Project" label!). Type Command-Shift-A to deselect everything or click in a blank spot in the Layers List. Set the Playhead at the end of your project (or where you need explicit timing) and type the 'M' key, then type Command-Option-M to open the Marker dialog. Select Build In Mandatory from the "Type" dropdown and Save. Your timing in FCP should be exactly as you expect regardless of how you retime the template.

Apple Motion Generator - Animated Lower 3rd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.