Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Overheating

These two days, the surface of my MacBook Pro became very hot, when I am using it with extended monitor.

What should I do with it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 9:54 PM

NANIYOJO Said:

"Thank you. Today, it is getting worse, even I do not connect to extended monitor. I think I should send it for repair..."

-------

I agree. Get this Serviced:

A. Contact Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. And that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

B. Contact an AASP: 

Also, take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service provider), asking for assistance.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Or...

C. Contact A Retailer:

Contact your local retailer, seeing if they replace these slots. 

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 9:54 PM in response to NANIYOJO

NANIYOJO Said:

"Thank you. Today, it is getting worse, even I do not connect to extended monitor. I think I should send it for repair..."

-------

I agree. Get this Serviced:

A. Contact Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. And that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

B. Contact an AASP: 

Also, take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service provider), asking for assistance.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Or...

C. Contact A Retailer:

Contact your local retailer, seeing if they replace these slots. 

Jan 16, 2022 7:18 PM in response to NANIYOJO

NANIYOJO Said:

"MacBook Pro Overheating: These two days, the surface of my MacBook Pro became very hot, when I am using it with extended monitor. What should I do with it?"

-------

Cool this Down:

Place it atop a laptop cooler, and place it in an open location (not in the corner of the room, and not in an enclosed space), and keep it out of sunlight.

Jan 16, 2022 8:32 PM in response to NANIYOJO

NANIYOJO Said:

"Thank you. I did, it helps a bit but not much.: Is it because of the extended monitor? It goes back to normal when I am not connecting with the monitor... but it should not be like this right?"

-------

You are welcome.

No. It should not be like this. The monitor is extracting too much power, by taking over system resources. So, just don't use them.

MacBook Pro Overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.