Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook heating issue

MacBook heats up when connected to an external monitor. Surprisingly the same issues happens while working with Microsoft word even without an extended monitor. I have seen same issue with other users. It’s quite sad that MacBook is unable to handle such low bar task that dont even demand intense GPU usage.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 10:34 PM

johnfreedomlover Said:

"MacBook heating issue: MacBook heats up when connected to an external monitor. Surprisingly the same issues happens while working with Microsoft word even without an extended monitor. I have seen same issue with other users. It’s quite sad that MacBook is unable to handle such low bar task that dont even demand intense GPU usage."

-------

Troubleshooting na Overheating Mac:

Use Activity Monitor:

See what it taking the most out of the RAM. Is it Microsoft Word? Or is is something else? To Find Out, use Activity Monitor

1. Go to: Applications
  2. Select: Utilities folder
  3. Open: Activity Monitor
  4. Click: Memory column
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2022 10:34 PM in response to johnfreedomlover

johnfreedomlover Said:

"MacBook heating issue: MacBook heats up when connected to an external monitor. Surprisingly the same issues happens while working with Microsoft word even without an extended monitor. I have seen same issue with other users. It’s quite sad that MacBook is unable to handle such low bar task that dont even demand intense GPU usage."

-------

Troubleshooting na Overheating Mac:

Use Activity Monitor:

See what it taking the most out of the RAM. Is it Microsoft Word? Or is is something else? To Find Out, use Activity Monitor

1. Go to: Applications
  2. Select: Utilities folder
  3. Open: Activity Monitor
  4. Click: Memory column

MacBook heating issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.