Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay

When my device connects there’s like a 50/50 probability that Apple Maps will not remember my user preferences (Heading, Zoom Level, Orientation, etc.) and bring up the map with a random location and orientation. I’ve noticed the random location it boots to tends to be more/less from the last time I manually scrolled the map with my finger (could be hours, days or weeks prior).

I had this exact same issue with my 2019 Accord with wired CarPlay and now still with my 2021 Accord that has wireless.

Having to select the heading, zoom level, etc. every other time I get in the car is maddening!!! CarPlay is so convenient when it does remember my settings. I just never know when it will or won’t.

Does anyone know what's going on here??? Somebody please, help!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 12:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 7:19 AM

Hello somebodyplease,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand Apple CarPlay isn't saving your preferences from the Maps app. We're happy to assist you with this.

Let's start with the basics. Make sure your iPhone is updated:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the iPhone is up-to-date, go ahead and restart it: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Check with the dealership or manufacturer of the car to ensure there are no updates available with the car's system.

Best Regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 7:19 AM in response to Community User

Hello somebodyplease,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand Apple CarPlay isn't saving your preferences from the Maps app. We're happy to assist you with this.

Let's start with the basics. Make sure your iPhone is updated:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the iPhone is up-to-date, go ahead and restart it: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Check with the dealership or manufacturer of the car to ensure there are no updates available with the car's system.

Best Regards.

Jan 18, 2022 3:02 PM in response to ryane77

I've already done all this to no avail... before I even posted on here. Those are the basics, I need more in depth support for this issue. Also, I'm not sure how this issue was marked solved when it is not.

Apple CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.