Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch is active calorie burn has decreased over the last week with the same workouts

Over the last week, the apple watch active calorie count has decreased significantly for the same workouts. I have done all troubleshooting that has been posted on line, but still have issues. I have not unpaired and re-paired. Any other suggestions?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 7:59 AM

Make sure that your Height, weight, sex and age are correct in the Health app.

The I would reset your fitness calibration data

From your iPhone>Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data>Tap this

You will just get a confirmation box that tells you that your metrics will not be as good if you do this.

Tap confirm and do it. You will get nothing else, no confirmation but it is done.

Then go for a 20 minute outdoor run or walk using the workout app at your normal speed on a flat road/path etc

This will re-calibrate the watch.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 7:59 AM in response to ndar4

Make sure that your Height, weight, sex and age are correct in the Health app.

The I would reset your fitness calibration data

From your iPhone>Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data>Tap this

You will just get a confirmation box that tells you that your metrics will not be as good if you do this.

Tap confirm and do it. You will get nothing else, no confirmation but it is done.

Then go for a 20 minute outdoor run or walk using the workout app at your normal speed on a flat road/path etc

This will re-calibrate the watch.

apple watch is active calorie burn has decreased over the last week with the same workouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.