Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linking to other documents in Pages

I'm writing complicated science documents. It would be incredibly useful if I could link from one document to other documents -- not just to websites or to bookmarks in the same document.

I'd like to click on a link that takes me, for example, to the pdf of a scientific paper; or to an email sent to me by a researcher; or to a photo.

In essence, I'd like to create a web of related items, all accessible from a single Pages doc.

I can do this in Word, but really, I hate Word. Is it possible in Pages?

Thanks,

JS

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 11:35 AM

No. Pages does not support linking to other documents. The "complicated" in your post suggests that no matter how much you hate Word, you should be using it for the 35 years of features that are in it, and avoiding productivity delays that Pages will cause with those complicated documents.

3 replies

Jan 17, 2022 12:54 PM in response to khungui

When you are done with the Word document, open it in Pages and Export it to EPUB. Just ensure that you use fonts that are physically installed on macOS and accessible to Pages. You will still likely use features in Word that are unsupported by the Pages translation on opening the Word document and then translating again to EPUB. So it goes with Pages…

Linking to other documents in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.