Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I keep wet cloth behind my iPhone 12 while charging?

Can i keep wet cloth behind my iphone12 while charging?? Not too much wet a little bit to reduce heat.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 11:28 AM

I would not advise having any kind of wet near the iPhone when charging. The iPhone should not have that much heat when charging. And, the iPhone uses the case to dissipate heat when charging, so it should be left so air can get around it to help lessen the heat. I would not lay it on anything cloth or otherwise. You can leave it on a table, or a wireless charging pad, etc.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 11:28 AM in response to shravan23

I would not advise having any kind of wet near the iPhone when charging. The iPhone should not have that much heat when charging. And, the iPhone uses the case to dissipate heat when charging, so it should be left so air can get around it to help lessen the heat. I would not lay it on anything cloth or otherwise. You can leave it on a table, or a wireless charging pad, etc.

Jan 17, 2022 11:34 AM in response to shravan23

Water and electronics tend not to coexist at all well with corrosion and shorting, and adding evaporative cooling would not be something I’d suggest doing. That because of the risks of corrosion, condensation, deposition, and shorting.

Warming is normal during charging.

If you suspect your iPhone 12 is overheating while charging, get it checked by Apple or an Apple authorized service provider.

Can I keep wet cloth behind my iPhone 12 while charging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.