Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Email Not synching with iPhone

Since my MacBookPro was updated to Monterey 12.1 my email is not automatically synching with the iPhone. I can sometimes manually synch it, but I have to synch the Inbox then the Trash separately.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 2:12 PM

Smcf5000,

Thanks for those additional details.

If you quit the Mail app on your MacBook Pro, then launch it again, do the changes sync as expected, or only when manually syncing the account?

Also, do you have any other email accounts set up on your devices?

Cheers!

5 replies

Jan 18, 2022 11:43 AM in response to Smcf5000

Hi there Smcf5000,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with your mailboxes on your MacBook Pro.

What steps do you take to correct the behavior?

Does this happen with multiple email accounts, or just one specific account?

If you check your email account through the email service provider's website, does the information appear as expected there?

Thanks!

Jan 18, 2022 2:07 PM in response to Erica_S1

Email use to synchronize between the iPhone and the MacBook Pro automatically until recently. Now, when I check my mail with the iPhone and delete messages from the Inbox and then Delete them from Trash, they don't delete from the MacBook email unless I use the Synchronize function in the Mailbox tab. My carrier is AT&T from email (Yahoo).

Jan 18, 2022 2:33 PM in response to Erica_S1

When I quit mail, then reopen, it can synch now. But for the last several days, it wasn't synching even when I closed it and reopened. I had the same situation with the iCloud email, which I don't use for sending mail but do receive Apple News in. I clean it daily from my phone or from the MacBook. The not synching has been a one way deal. If I delete mail on the MacBook, it deletes on the phone automatically. But it hasn't been working in the opposite direction: deleting on the phone has not been deleting from the MacBook. For the last few minutes, it has been operating more normally on the MacBook.

Thank you for your help. Maybe the problem has resolved.

MacBook Pro Email Not synching with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.