Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Meeting being accepted and I wasn't invited.

A few of us have noticed that appointments for our organization's shared meeting rooms show up on our iOS calendars as if they are meetings we were invited to and accepted. We were not invited. We are not delegates on these rooms.

For instance, a person at our company sent an appointment for 3 of my colleagues, along with the conference room. On my phone it appeared that I was invited and accepted the meeting, even though I wasn’t invited. I was only seeing it because I have access to the shared calendar. The appointment does not show up on my Outlook calendar (we use Exchange), which makes sense since I wasn't invited. However, it shows up as a meeting I accepted on my iPhone calendar. It does this for all of us. This does not make sense. It only does this on room calendars that we have Full access to, but that shouldn't matter since we aren't invited to the meetings.

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 12:17 PM

Hey Billings2019,

We see you have a recurring issue where your company will schedule a meeting for some of your colleagues, but your iPhone automatically makes you as invited and attending even though you're not.

To clarify, is this the same Exchange account calendar, just being accessed on both your iPhone and a different device or via a web browser? You can check what calendars are syncing through to the Calendar app on your iPhone by opening the Calendar app, tap Calendar at the bottom and then view the synced accounts.

If it is the same Exchange account, we'd recommend reaching out to Microsoft for further assistance. They'll handle issues with Exchange, even on iOS. If it's another calendar that is copying over such as iCloud, is this same information reflected if you check your calendar at iCloud.com?

Let us know and we'll continue from there.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 12:17 PM in response to Billings2019

Hey Billings2019,

We see you have a recurring issue where your company will schedule a meeting for some of your colleagues, but your iPhone automatically makes you as invited and attending even though you're not.

To clarify, is this the same Exchange account calendar, just being accessed on both your iPhone and a different device or via a web browser? You can check what calendars are syncing through to the Calendar app on your iPhone by opening the Calendar app, tap Calendar at the bottom and then view the synced accounts.

If it is the same Exchange account, we'd recommend reaching out to Microsoft for further assistance. They'll handle issues with Exchange, even on iOS. If it's another calendar that is copying over such as iCloud, is this same information reflected if you check your calendar at iCloud.com?

Let us know and we'll continue from there.

Take care.

Jan 19, 2022 8:29 AM in response to Billings2019

It appears the issue was that the users had Full control over the Shared calendars. However, I have no idea why this is an issue or why it would affect just their iOS Calendars. I confirmed that if they opened Outlook on their Macs and looked on the Calendars, they were not invited and everything looked as it should. However, on their iOS Calendar (the one that comes default with the phone) it showed that they had accepted and that they were invited. Odd in my opinion.

I hope this helps someone else who runs into this.

Meeting being accepted and I wasn't invited.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.