Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having trouble updating my software on my Mac Book Air. I am trying to update to at least Mac OS 10.15. there is no software update option in the system preferences or the app store on this device.

I am having trouble updating my software on my Mac Book Air. I am trying to update to at least Mac OS 10.15. there is no software update option in the system preferences or the app store on this device. I am trying to download Microsoft office from the app store and it keeps saying my software version doesn't support. now I have searched to try and update and cannot find anywhere

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 1:56 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and if your MacBook Air model is recent enough, click on Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey; it needs to be at least a 2012 one to run the current version of Microsoft Office.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To check other programs, click here and look them up.

(212276)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 1:56 PM in response to ____MJM___

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and if your MacBook Air model is recent enough, click on Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey; it needs to be at least a 2012 one to run the current version of Microsoft Office.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To check other programs, click here and look them up.

(212276)

I am having trouble updating my software on my Mac Book Air. I am trying to update to at least Mac OS 10.15. there is no software update option in the system preferences or the app store on this device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.