Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit configuration not working ???

Why is the following text in Settings --> Home, on both my iPhone and iPad - "You currently do not have any homes or home invitations to homes. Create homes in a HomeKit supported app." ???

When...

I have configured a home in the Home app, with 3 devices (smart irrigation system, smart tv & HomePod mini), 3 rooms and 3 zones. The configuration was done on my iPad, and the identical configuration can also now be seen in my iPhone and Mac. Controlling the HomePod mini from the app works fine.

HomePod mini

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 5:41 AM

Ah, OK. So the Home Hub role is discussed further in Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support. Given you have a HomePod that should be set up as the Home Hub rather than your iPad. I don't know why you're seeing the "You currently..." message, but checking here I see it too. I can only assume it is an error and should be suppressed when your Apple ID is associated with at least one Home. I would ignore it.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 5:41 AM in response to Googmeister

Ah, OK. So the Home Hub role is discussed further in Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support. Given you have a HomePod that should be set up as the Home Hub rather than your iPad. I don't know why you're seeing the "You currently..." message, but checking here I see it too. I can only assume it is an error and should be suppressed when your Apple ID is associated with at least one Home. I would ignore it.

tt2

Jan 18, 2022 5:20 AM in response to turingtest2

I am running iOS 15.2.1 (the latest) on both my iPhone and iPad and macOS Monterey 12.1 on my Mac.

I need to make a correction to my original post. "Home" can only be found in Settings on the iPad (just under Shortcuts) - the iPhone and Mac do not have this in Settings. The Home app, with the configured accessories, is on the iPad, iPhone & Mac. (I was rapidly going back and forth between all devices comparing everything I could regarding the Home app between them. I accidentally grouped the iPhone with the iPad when posting.)

I had only posted the confusing text from Settings-->Home in the previous post. Here's everything else in that setting:

• "Use this iPad as a Home Hub" with a toggle on/off.
  • "Using an Apple TV (4th gen or later), HomePad or an iPad as a home hub allows automation, remote access of your accessories, and provides more powerful user permissions. iPad must remain in the home and be continually powered on for these features to work. Learn more...
  • "You currently do not have any homes or invitations to homes. Create homes in a HomeKit supported app."

Note - toggling on/off (& waiting days in between to see if anything updates) does not seem to change anything that I could see.

Jan 20, 2022 10:19 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you. I suspected that may be the cause of the issue. I'm having some problems getting the other accessories to work appropriately through HomeKit, so I wanted to eliminate this as a possible cause of those issues before I started frustrating myself with that. But, I am only in the initial stage of configuring these other accessories, so no need to enter full troubleshooting mode on those yet.

HomeKit configuration not working ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.