Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv

My Apple TV is not showing up as one of my devices. Does anyone know how to rectify this?

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 11:10 AM

If you mean the devices list for your account, separate from any functionality,

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

then devices with Apple TV system software 7.x or later should show up [1], if signed in to the iTunes Store on that device (Settings﹥iTunes Store﹥) [2].

If you mean the Find My devices list, then no Apple TV boxes are included there, as their location isn’t tracked.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 11:10 AM in response to Chefskeeter

If you mean the devices list for your account, separate from any functionality,

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

then devices with Apple TV system software 7.x or later should show up [1], if signed in to the iTunes Store on that device (Settings﹥iTunes Store﹥) [2].

If you mean the Find My devices list, then no Apple TV boxes are included there, as their location isn’t tracked.

Jan 18, 2022 9:42 AM in response to Chefskeeter

See: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

Verify that AirPlay is turned on in Settings﹥AirPlay of the Apple TV box.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support. Verify that both devices are on the same home network. If your router uses different SSID network names for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band, then those parts may be seen as two different networks that do not communicate with each other. If, so, then it is best to bridge all home network parts as one logical network, and not use different names for the bands.

Else contact the support staff.

apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.