Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove "new" tag from pdf's in Books

I have all my textbooks and college pdf's organized in Apple Books. Even when I mark a paper as 'read,' it still shows a "new" tag. How do I remove this tag?

macOS Monterey 12.1 on MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)

Books version 4.2

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 12:25 PM

I was going to ask the same question on here! Seemingly enough, I can't seem to do anything to remove the New tag for .pdf's but .epubs get their tag removed right when you open the book. I think this is something Apple has to fix on their end.

One solution I found was by opening the book on the iOS Apple Books app, the badge gets removed instantly. If you don't see it update on your mac, try opening and closing the book on your Mac after trying it on iOS.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 12:25 PM in response to Hans Van Riet1

I was going to ask the same question on here! Seemingly enough, I can't seem to do anything to remove the New tag for .pdf's but .epubs get their tag removed right when you open the book. I think this is something Apple has to fix on their end.

One solution I found was by opening the book on the iOS Apple Books app, the badge gets removed instantly. If you don't see it update on your mac, try opening and closing the book on your Mac after trying it on iOS.

Remove "new" tag from pdf's in Books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.