Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit the name (or delete) a TAG in Pages?

I have added a TAG in Pages that I want to delete from the list of Tags. I've tried dragging the one Tag to the Trash, but it will not delete. I have not used it for any documents.

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 5:32 AM

As long as the tag is on the document, Finder will maintain it in its Preferences. Two options to remove a tag in a Pages document.

Open the Pages document in Pages and click on the document title bar to open the filename and tag status. Click behind the tag, and backspace to remove it and press return.

Control-click on the Pages document in the Finder, and from the secondary menu, select Tags… Click behind the shown tag, and backspace, followed by a return. This will remove the tag in question too.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 5:32 AM in response to JudyZing

As long as the tag is on the document, Finder will maintain it in its Preferences. Two options to remove a tag in a Pages document.

Open the Pages document in Pages and click on the document title bar to open the filename and tag status. Click behind the tag, and backspace to remove it and press return.

Control-click on the Pages document in the Finder, and from the secondary menu, select Tags… Click behind the shown tag, and backspace, followed by a return. This will remove the tag in question too.

How do I edit the name (or delete) a TAG in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.