Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

virus and malware detect software

Is there a safe, trusted virus and malware detect software to use in macOS and iOS?

A software that doesn’t able to spy on me and easy to uninstall after use.

Thanks.

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 7:12 AM

There are no known Windows-like Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS, because of the underling UNIX  Foundation and Permission Limitation. 

The The Built in Security  is all that is required to protect the computer.

Should “ Certain & Specific Software “ referenced from above be installed - it will negatively impact macOS. It is suggested, to download directly from a respected ASC Contributor, the application Malwarebytes for Mac

It is free or paid for added features. 

Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware. Once done, restart computer and test.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 7:12 AM in response to rony-z

There are no known Windows-like Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS, because of the underling UNIX  Foundation and Permission Limitation. 

The The Built in Security  is all that is required to protect the computer.

Should “ Certain & Specific Software “ referenced from above be installed - it will negatively impact macOS. It is suggested, to download directly from a respected ASC Contributor, the application Malwarebytes for Mac

It is free or paid for added features. 

Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware. Once done, restart computer and test.

Jan 19, 2022 4:26 AM in response to rony-z

rony-z wrote:

I’m asking because I’ve received an email from unknown with my past visited website username and demand to pay $2500 or he will send my details to some contact people that I have.
He said that he succeed to enter my contact list people.
I don’t care about my details as I don’t have nothing to hide.
but it’s unusual for me.

Did you action this?

Provide any personal data to this unknown e-mail ?

Often times - these are Scams.

Or the website visited was hacked and the hacking is using the stolen information to start Scam. This is done in the hope the user ( you ) will provide just enough information for them to do bad things like steel your money or identify.

As a precaution Checklist: If you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts

EDITED WED Jan 19, 2022 @ 07:25 EST

Effective defenses against malware and other threats

Jan 18, 2022 11:04 PM in response to PRP_53

Ps. Additional question please. …

Lets say that my iMac with macOS is protected by macOS security preferences.

But I have under the same Apple ID more Apple devices such as an iPhone and an iPad. These under iOS.

The security preferences isn't the same in macOS and iOS , So maybe my one of iOS device can be an Open door to all other apple devices.

if someone can enter my iOS iPhones contacts for example , These Contacts are all over my Devices ?????

Is macOS security preferences influence on all apple devices whether in macOS and / or iOS ?

Thanks.

Jan 19, 2022 3:30 AM in response to rony-z

The iOS operating system for Apple iDevices is equally Hardened against such issues.

The only way a person other that you could access the Contacts on the iDevice ifs if you have giving the Pass Code and or has your exact face if Facial Recognition is enable on the iDevice .

That would probably be not the case.

Jan 19, 2022 4:10 AM in response to PRP_53

I’m asking because I’ve received an email from unknown with my past visited website username and demand to pay $2500 or he will send my details to some contact people that I have.

He said that he succeed to enter my contact list people.

I don’t care about my details as I don’t have nothing to hide.

but it’s unusual for me.

virus and malware detect software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.