Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.2.1 imessage not working

Updated to iOS 15.2.1 on 1/17, iMessage not working since? Just me?

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 9:47 AM

4 replies

Jan 26, 2022 12:07 PM in response to Mainemicki77

I had a double fault. I reset the phone and checked iMessage was working with a known live account. What I didn't know when I first experienced the problem, was the original iMessage recipient was also in and out of coverage with a setting that didn't permit receiving of iMessages when out of coverage (if that makes sense).

So, I recommend checking that whoever you are trying to reach is iMessage available, that you try reaching them by phone number and email addresses that are available on their iMessage account to ensure you really do have an issue. Thereafter, I would recommend using AppleSupport via text-type or whatever it is called. Apple have always been helpful in the 15 years I have been using their products.

Good luck Mainemicki77!

iOS 15.2.1 imessage not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.