Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to update iphone 6 to ios 15

Is it possible to update iphone 6 ? I want to update it to ios 15 . If its possible then tell me the way how i can update it . If not then inform me kindly

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 1:09 PM

10 replies

Jan 18, 2022 1:35 PM in response to shaonk_07

shaonk_07 wrote:

That means iphone 6 never gonna get new update ?

The iPhone 6 will never run iOS 13 or newer software, there are no hardware upgrades, and your only option for apps that require iOS 13, iOS 14, or iOS 15 is a newer (used, refurb) or new iPhone.

Any recent iPhone will far exceed the performance of an iPhone 6.

The oldest iPhone with support for iOS 15 is iPhone 6s, and iPhone 6s doubled the memory from that of an iPhone 6.

If you might decide to buy used, some considerations: The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used iPad/iPhone - Apple Community

Jan 18, 2022 3:12 PM in response to deggie

shaonk_07 wrote:

okay thanks ...can you tell me please are there any risk to use apps that require iOS 13,14,15?

Apps requiring iOS 13, iOS 14, or iOS 15 are now and forever incompatible with iPhone 6 and earlier.

Outside of (maybe) security patches, your iPhone 6 fell off of all software support back in September, 2019.

That iPhone 6 is pining for the fjords.

Is it possible to update iphone 6 to ios 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.