Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turbo tax 2021 home and business M1 2020 MacOS 12.1 incompatibility

I am running MacOS 12. 1 on a MacBook Air (M1 2020) processor and installed TurboTax from both CD and 'InstallTurboTax.com' website while attempting to troubleshoot with TurboTax support.

Any known fix for Turbo Tax 2021 Home and Business crashing within 1 - 7 seconds after launching after briefly displaying a pop up stating 'Please wait while we check for updates'?

Turbo Tax's forum states Intel 64-bit processor is required and their tier 2 support recommended I contact Apple, who suggested I post here. Appears Turbo Tax 2021 Home and Business has issues in compatibility mode. Maybe if enough folks note it they will fix their code.

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 3:16 PM

As per macuser_22 on intuit’s forum:

First try deleting:

• In the Finder, select Go Go To Folder. Enter ~/Library and select Go.

~Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

If that does not fix it then ;

Corruption could have occurred in the Application or in an associated preference or support file.

The best remedy is to totally uninstall TurboTax and all associate files and then re-install. That will not delete or change any .tax2020 data file that had already been created with the tax data.

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.

To remove TurboTax from your computer, you'll need administrative rights.

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 3:16 PM in response to orange189

As per macuser_22 on intuit’s forum:

First try deleting:

• In the Finder, select Go Go To Folder. Enter ~/Library and select Go.

If that does not fix it then ;

Corruption could have occurred in the Application or in an associated preference or support file.

The best remedy is to totally uninstall TurboTax and all associate files and then re-install. That will not delete or change any .tax2020 data file that had already been created with the tax data.

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.

To remove TurboTax from your computer, you'll need administrative rights.

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac

Mar 17, 2022 8:01 PM in response to orange189

I had so much trouble with the TurboTax Deluxe 2021. Spent the last two weeks every night trying to find a solution. With Orange 189 post, I had the same problem that he had.

I tried macuser_22 on intuit’s forum solution before doing the full uninstall. Using his solution, deleting:

• In the Finder, select Go, Go To Folder. Enter ~/Library and select Go.

IT WORK! Getting rid of the cache let me finally open TurboTax Deluxe 2021.

So glad I found this solution here on the forum.

Thank you.

Jan 29, 2022 12:42 PM in response to orange189

January 2022: My Turbotax 2021 does this also. The "/library/cache" fix doesn't work on my iMac running iOS Monterey 12.1 There appears to be no "/library/cache" on my iMac

The nice folks at Turbotax had me uninstall and re-install. I did a hard reset (shift) and cleared my caches and cookies. Checked the available memory, etc. Implication was that it's my iMac. Nothing has worked. They promised to look into it and call me back. Hope? Last year 2020 Turbotax was really buggy. I'm hopeful.

Feb 7, 2022 1:22 PM in response to woodmeister50

woodmeister50 wrote:

FWIW, based on the TurboTax specs, it inly supports up to macOS Big Sur at the moment. It doesn't even support Windows 11 either.

That is absolutely incorrect. Both MacOS Monterey and Windows 11 are supported by TurboTax DeLuxe, as stated on their website here.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/deluxe.jsp#requirements

Feb 8, 2022 5:44 AM in response to sberman

sberman wrote:

woodmeister50 wrote:

FWIW, based on the TurboTax specs, it inly supports up to macOS Big Sur at the moment. It doesn't even support Windows 11 either.
That is absolutely incorrect. Both MacOS Monterey and Windows 11 are supported by TurboTax DeLuxe, as stated on their website here.
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/deluxe.jsp#requirements

Somehow, I got directed to a different page that had a different listing. I can't seem to repeat exactly what I did to get that list.

Feb 20, 2022 7:14 AM in response to orange189

I have this issue with TT21 Deluxe. It worked fine for a month. Suddenly crashed, wouldn't reopen. Spent hours with tech support from TT yesterday. Finally escalated the issue to a more experienced tech who had me create a new admin user on my MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.2.1. I downloaded the TT21 software there and transferred my returns on a flash drive. They don't know what is causing this problem. This is a workaround. I tried to delete the TT software and hidden library files as described by MacUser22, but it didn't work. TT never had me delete the hidden library files, they just had me dump the TT21 software icon in the trash and empty it.

turbo tax 2021 home and business M1 2020 MacOS 12.1 incompatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.