Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TurboTax premier 2021 will not run on MacOS

Has anyone else ran into this and fixed it? This is the 2nd year in a row that I have loaded a new version of Turbotax only to find that it will not open after install. I used the desktop version of Turbotax for 15 year or more and never had a problem until 2020.

Turbotax support has given up.

When opening Turbotax, a message flashes about checking for updates and then the application shuts down.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 4:08 AM

5 replies

Feb 14, 2022 12:28 AM in response to Rainmen

While in the non-working account I Would select Get Info for the file that contains last year's tax data and change the permissions such that the new account can at least read the file. Then make a copy and place it in the same location in the new account as the non-working account.

Log into the new account and tuns the tax app and see if you now can import the data.

Feb 14, 2022 8:19 PM in response to lllaass

It worked. New user acct w admin privileges. Moved last years file to new acct with updated privileges for new acct. Monterey was not allowing TurboTax to open. I don’t know why but the in the new account, it did open and install the updates. After moving the file over with privileges for the new account, and using my password, it imported last years data.

thank you all. There are several ways to move the file over, I used a flash drive, again with privileges. I did not go through all of the Instructions on how to remove and reinstall the new program. I had trashed it a couple of times and used both the disk and the download.

TurboTax premier 2021 will not run on MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.