Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay

How can I cast my iPad/iPhone screen to my MacBook without it having AirPlay Receiver? Can I get AirPlay receiver on this MacBook Pro (early 2015)

MacBook Pro 13″, 12.1

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 7:45 PM

AirPlay is not what you seek. Refer to Devices you can stream to in AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support.

To stream to a Mac, you need a newer model Mac: Find out which macOS versions and Mac models are compatible with AirPlay to Mac.

You can use your iPad as a display for your Mac though: Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 7:45 PM in response to AKHoke2

AirPlay is not what you seek. Refer to Devices you can stream to in AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support.

To stream to a Mac, you need a newer model Mac: Find out which macOS versions and Mac models are compatible with AirPlay to Mac.

You can use your iPad as a display for your Mac though: Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac - Apple Support.

AirPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.