Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the advanced Bluetooth settings in Monterey 12.1?

my bluetooth mouse is constantly waking up my mac. previous versions has the advanced button to allow/disallow bluetooth devices to wake the computer, but in monterey, its gone.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 2:21 AM

Yes you are right. Am using Logitech MX Anywhere 3. Have also spoken to Logitech Support and this is their response:

Here are the steps that you can follow to turn off the Bluetooth mice wake up : 

- On your Mac, launch System Preferences.
- Now click on Bluetooth.
- See that Advanced button on the bottom right corner
- Unselect the 'Allow Bluetooth device to wake this computer' option.

If this option is not there, then I would request you to speak with the Apple support as they will be able to help you with this.

Have spoken to apple support as well. They did confirm that apple have removed it from Monterey with no apparent reason, and apple support provided me a link so I can send a feedback to have the advanced button show again. Right now, my only solution is to turn off the mouse everytime i want the mac to sleep. Otherwise the bluetooth mouse will wake it.

Another solution i dont want is to use the included dongle, but the reason i bought the mice is to save 1 usb c slot and just use bluetooth.

Looks to be a widespread issue with monterey 12.1, i wish they would just return it.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2022 2:21 AM in response to lllaass

Yes you are right. Am using Logitech MX Anywhere 3. Have also spoken to Logitech Support and this is their response:

Here are the steps that you can follow to turn off the Bluetooth mice wake up : 

- On your Mac, launch System Preferences.
- Now click on Bluetooth.
- See that Advanced button on the bottom right corner
- Unselect the 'Allow Bluetooth device to wake this computer' option.

If this option is not there, then I would request you to speak with the Apple support as they will be able to help you with this.

Have spoken to apple support as well. They did confirm that apple have removed it from Monterey with no apparent reason, and apple support provided me a link so I can send a feedback to have the advanced button show again. Right now, my only solution is to turn off the mouse everytime i want the mac to sleep. Otherwise the bluetooth mouse will wake it.

Another solution i dont want is to use the included dongle, but the reason i bought the mice is to save 1 usb c slot and just use bluetooth.

Looks to be a widespread issue with monterey 12.1, i wish they would just return it.

Jan 19, 2022 5:15 AM in response to PRP_53

sadly it didn't help. It's a bluetooth mouse i have. so slight movements like vibrations caught by my mouse wakes my mac when it's sleeping. Whereas the keyboard needs to be pressed intentionally.

Right now, I have to turn the mouse off when i want my mac to get some sleep. Wish they would just bring the below bluetooth>advanced button back in Monterey in any shape or form. (photo below from google images)

Feb 11, 2022 8:45 AM in response to m1macc

I'm the other way around. I would like my bluetooth devices to wake my Mac from sleep. I have an older Apple bluetooth keyboard and a magic mouse, and they were not waking my Macbook Air, which is closed and in a vertical stand. I had to take it out of the stand and open the laptop to wake it from sleep. I'll test the new update today to see if that changes anything. I miss those advanced settings.

Where is the advanced Bluetooth settings in Monterey 12.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.