Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth head phones keeps disconnecting from my Monterey 12.1 M1 Macbook air

I recently bought the M1 macbook air, My bluetooth headphone keeps disconnecting from time to time. Both device have good battery charge left.

I tried to reset bluetooth module, but the reset button doesn't appear when i click on option + bluetooth icon.

both devices batteries are charged 100%.

how can i fix this issue please ?

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 6:37 AM

5 replies

Jan 20, 2022 8:05 AM in response to MYK87

Greetings MYK87, 

Reading over your post, you are having trouble keeping your Bluetooth headphones connected to your new MacBook Air. Let’s see if we can determine what’s causing this behavior.

Take a look at the article Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference and see if any of the suggestions help with the Bluetooth connection dropping.

Does the Bluetooth headphones pair with other devices and not lose connection?

Do you have another Bluetooth device to pair with your MacBook Air?

Does your MacBook Air have macOS 12.1 software version showing installed when you go to the Apple menu and select About This Mac?

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Jan 21, 2022 5:26 AM in response to bailier

Dear bailier,

For the questions that you asked:

• My Bluetooth headphones worked fine with my Iphone, my windows laptop, and an android phone without any issue.
  • I didn't have any other bluetooth device to test it.
  • Yes "About this Mac" showing macOS Monterey version 12.1

Unfortunately my router contains only 2.4 GHz, so i cant try to switch to 5GHz, i tried the other solutions but still not working.

Jan 21, 2022 6:30 AM in response to MYK87

MYK87,

One more thing you may want to check out, if the manufacturer of the headphones has any support steps to offer for your MacBook Air with macOS Monterey installed.

If not, we recommend contacting Apple Support to see what further steps to offer they may have. You can reach them by going to Get Support.

Reach out if you have further questions.

Take care!

Bluetooth head phones keeps disconnecting from my Monterey 12.1 M1 Macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.