Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just got a new Apple Watch 7

First of all it doesn't come with a charging brick and the end of the charging cable is different than my old watch. Question is what kind of charging brick do I need and second can I use my old Apple Watch charger and cable to charge it? What a rip off not including the charging brick with the price you have to pay for the watch.

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 5:19 PM

You can use your old Apple Watch charger. You just will not have Fast charger, but it will charge just like your previous Apple Watch.

Otherwise, you can use any USB-C port on a recent vintage computer, you can use the USB-C charger from a recent model MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone, or you can purchase any vendor's USB-C charging brick from vendors such as Best Buy, Staples, Amazon, Apple, etc...

If you want "Fast" Charging you need to have a 20watt (or larger) USB-C charger and use the magnetic charging cable that came with your Series 7.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2022 5:19 PM in response to dane280

You can use your old Apple Watch charger. You just will not have Fast charger, but it will charge just like your previous Apple Watch.

Otherwise, you can use any USB-C port on a recent vintage computer, you can use the USB-C charger from a recent model MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone, or you can purchase any vendor's USB-C charging brick from vendors such as Best Buy, Staples, Amazon, Apple, etc...

If you want "Fast" Charging you need to have a 20watt (or larger) USB-C charger and use the magnetic charging cable that came with your Series 7.

just got a new Apple Watch 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.