Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist and Library conflict with Apple Music

Hello,

I have a weird issue with Apple Music cloud sync.

I use Apple Music for both streaming new songs and sync my own library with cloud sync. Basically what i do is listen to new albums with streaming, put the songs/albums i like in playlists. Then once every few monthes i buy some albums and add them to my own library because i prefer to have physically the songs.

The issue i have is that if Apple Music find an equivalent of my new files already in some of my playlists, it won't let me add these ones to my library (it's shown in the songs list when added but disappears quickly after the cloud synchronizes).

If i put these songs to my library and remove them right before sync, then i can add them correctly the next time, but this time the songs disappear from my playlists !

So i can't use correctly the playlist and library function because they enter in conflict.

I tried to disconnect and deactivate/reactivate cloud sync without change. This is very annoying and i'm starting to regret using Apple Music (i chose AM because of the ability to have both library and streaming in same app...)

Thanks

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 1:36 PM

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. If you add new copies of tracks to your library that already exist as Apple Music tracks then they might initially show as duplicates. Try using File > Library > Update Cloud Library to see if that will merge the items into one based on your own matched/uploaded copy.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2022 1:36 PM in response to jo_sntrm

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. If you add new copies of tracks to your library that already exist as Apple Music tracks then they might initially show as duplicates. Try using File > Library > Update Cloud Library to see if that will merge the items into one based on your own matched/uploaded copy.

tt2

Playlist and Library conflict with Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.