Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay on iOS 15.2.1 not working

Hey!

after installing iOS 15.2.1 on my iPhone 12 Pro my BMW CarPlay stopped working properly. I can play music, however I can’t turn on the CarPlay app screen. This way it’s useless for me.

Tried reconnecting the phone, restarting the phone, check if there’s a firmware update for the car. Nothing works for me.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 2:57 PM

25 replies

Jan 21, 2022 11:44 AM in response to kalmirio

I have the same issue. I found a workaround for now. I go to the CarPlay main menu where I can see the Calendar, Maps, Music all in one view. I select the Music from there, which then gets me back to the Music app.

I called Apple Support about it and informed them that this is a problem. My call "dropped" as I was being transferred to a senior support tech. I didn't bother calling back because I know a new update has to be issued to fix this.

Jan 25, 2022 1:33 PM in response to kalmirio

With my Honda Civic 2022, I lost my ability to connect to CarPlay with IOS 15.2.1 update. I tried rebooting my phone and reconnecting to CarPlay with both my phone, a 13 Pro Max, and my wife's phone, a 13 mini, and was not able to get a connection to Car Play. I knew that the car to phone Bluetooth connections were good because outside of carplay the connection to my car worked. All this said, I did find a painful solution that I will now share. I erased and reset my phone and setup as "NEW". As soon as I did this, I found the connection between CarPlay, and my iPhone worked again. There may be less painful ways to fix this issue but this worked for me, so I am moving forward.

Jan 25, 2022 1:45 PM in response to kalmirio

With my Honda Civic 2022, I lost my ability to connect to CarPlay with IOS 15.2.1 update. I tried rebooting my phone and reconnecting to CarPlay with both my phone, a 13 Pro Max, and my wife's phone, a 13 mini, and was not able to get a connection to Car Play. I knew that the car to phone Bluetooth connections were good because outside of carplay the connection to my car worked. All this said, I did find a painful solution that I will now share. I erased and reset my iPhone and then set it set it up as "NEW". As soon as I did this, I found the connection between CarPlay, and my iPhone worked again. Although there may be less painful ways to fix this issue, this worked for me.

Reply Helpful Post actions

CarPlay on iOS 15.2.1 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.