Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Battery Replacement

I have an iPhone XS which has a degraded battery; I’m no longer getting the battery life I’d like and would like to get it replaced. The issue is that the frame of my iPhone XS is dented inward and the entire left side of the phone is curved upward. Will Apple refuse to change my battery because of this issue?

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 4:25 PM

7 replies

Jan 20, 2022 3:22 PM in response to pluriliteral

pluriliteral wrote:
Sorry for the late reply, but how much did they charge you for the exchange? And how much do you think I would be charged? Apologies for asking so many questions.

I didn't get it. Any iPad service is reduced to a complete replacement with a "replacement device". Back then it was $99 for a battery service (requires the battery health be under 80%) and $299 plus tax for an "other repair" service for an iPad Mini 4. $299 is what I paid for it so it didn't make much sense.

For the iPhone XS, that's $549 plus tax in the United States for a complete replacement. But if it's eligible for a battery only replacement that's $69 plus tax.

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

I'd amend my previous comment about the display glass being damaged. in that case they would offer to replace that in addition to the battery cost. I've been to an Apple Store where an employee specifically said that they don't install batteries on devices with broken glass because it's unsafe to put it back together and will require that the customer pay the retail repair price.

Jan 19, 2022 5:34 PM in response to pluriliteral

Sure thing. But one thing that Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider is likely to offer is a complete device replacement with (most likely) a refurbished device. That will be to factory standards including a new battery.

I can verify that at least with another item (an iPad Mini 4) I was informed that my slightly bent case meant that it wasn't eligible for Apple's battery replacement service, which is really just an exchange. But it was eligible for Apple's full service replacement, which is more expensive, but also just an exchange.

iPhone XS Battery Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.