Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iphone

If the person that has my iPhone knows my Lock Screen code can they still use my phone even if I lock it and mark it lost on the find my iPhone app??

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 5:46 PM

12 replies

Jan 19, 2022 6:08 PM in response to Chopsta81

Depends. If Find My is turned on, it requires knowing the Apple ID password to turn it off. Without turning off Find My, it can't usually be reset via the iPhone itself. And I believe activation lock (requiring knowing the Apple ID and Apple ID password) is active with on an iPhone with Find My turned on.

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Jan 19, 2022 6:16 PM in response to y_p_w

This isn’t a matter of turning off Activation Lock. If you put a phone into lost mode remotely, lost mode can be turned off by entering the phone’s passcode. That will make the phone usable, and will also allow access to any data on the phone.

From: https://support.apple.com/guide/findmy-mac/mark-a-device-as-lost-fmm0e3934777/mac

You can also turn off Lost Mode on iCloud.com or from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch by entering the device’s passcode (the one you use to unlock your device). For iPhone Leather Wallet, you can turn off Lost Mode by attaching the wallet to your iPhone.

Lost iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.