Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ on Samsung does not show library or store options

Apple TV+ app does not show library or store options on my one Samsung smart TV it shows up fine on my other Samsung and my Mac. This exact question was posted by someone in Oct and the suggestion was to reinstall. Did that a few times, same each time. It looks like I’m not logged in but when I go to account I am and my Apple Plus shows. Very frustrating that I can’t see my purchase movies on the main TV in my house. Any suggestions other than reinstall or log out/ log in?

UN65MU8000,

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 12:57 PM

That’s it—one TV isn’t compatible and only has the Apple TV+ option. The newer TVs have just Apple TV. Didn’t even realize there was a difference in the programs.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 20, 2022 8:35 AM in response to wesavedamutt

You seem to have downloaded the Apple TV+ app, which is just for Apple TV+ content.

That is different from the Apple TV app, which is for iTunes Store movies and TV shows, Apple TV+, and other premium Apple TV app Channels. That one would have the Library option (for purchased content).

UN65MU8000

That seems to be a 2017 Samsung TV from the 8 series. I think that one should support the Apple TV app. List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple.

Select slightly older smart TVs would support only the Apple TV+ app, mainly for when the full Apple TV app isn’t available.

Use apps on your Samsung smart TV - Samsung Support

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support

Standalone Apple TV+ app launches on older smart TVs - 9to5Mac

Apple TV+ on Samsung does not show library or store options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.