Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to reinstall MacOS Catalina because i got the dreaded prohibition screen.

I made a bootable install disk. When i boot up in macOS Utilities, i click install and when i get to select destination drive, it only shows my boot drive. My HDD is visible on disk utility. I am afraid the disk is too full. if i can get it booted up i can extract the files to an external hard drive. I actually am more interested in the files than the MacBook Pro itself, ( i know, i know should have backed it up). Is there a workaround ro install the OS or to extract the information from the hard drive in recovery mode?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 8:50 AM

richardfromdelbarton wrote:

I made a bootable install disk. When i boot up in macOS Utilities, i click install and when i get to select destination drive, it only shows my boot drive. My HDD is visible on disk utility. I am afraid the disk is too full. if i can get it booted up i can extract the files to an external hard drive. I actually am more interested in the files than the MacBook Pro itself, ( i know, i know should have backed it up). Is there a workaround ro install the OS or to extract the information from the hard drive in recovery mode?

Back up your Mac with Time Machine

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 8:50 AM in response to richardfromdelbarton

richardfromdelbarton wrote:

Back up your Mac with Time Machine

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

trying to reinstall MacOS Catalina because i got the dreaded prohibition screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.