Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm song

I downloaded a song and chose it to play with an alarm. But the alarm is silent. Any solutions?

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 5:28 PM

Hi, I'm having this same trouble as well, however there's a catch. I've went in and changed the alarm to a song that's not downloaded as Apple Lossless, and it works just fine. However, when I change the song to one that IS downloaded as Apple Lossless, the alarm is silent and causes no vibration, even though I have vibration selected. Any ideas on that?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 5:28 PM in response to ManJor

Hi, I'm having this same trouble as well, however there's a catch. I've went in and changed the alarm to a song that's not downloaded as Apple Lossless, and it works just fine. However, when I change the song to one that IS downloaded as Apple Lossless, the alarm is silent and causes no vibration, even though I have vibration selected. Any ideas on that?

Jan 20, 2022 5:17 PM in response to Idfp

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities Idfp,

We understand you're not hearing the song you've selected to play as your alarm.

If the song is in your library as a streaming track try downloading it.

Should the issue persist, test a different track to see if the same issue occurs. If it's isolated to one song, try removing the track, then re-adding and redownloading it.

The following page may also provide some helpful information: How to set and change alarms on your iPhone

We hope this helps!

Alarm song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.