Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Classic iPod vs apple music

I’m going on holiday and due to brexit and roaming charges leaving my phone at home, so I’m taking my classic 7th gen iPod with. Me instead. However it’s empty and there must be a way of sinking to with Apple Music. I’ve noticed Apple Music won’t work with gen 5. But I’m hoping gen7 might be different.

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 4:22 AM

See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support. If you mean Apple Music the application, then syncing is managed through Finder in macOS 10.15 Catalina and later. If you mean Apple Music the subscription service, then that isn't compatible with iPod classic. You will only be able to use your locally stored purchases and ripped songs.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 4:22 AM in response to Philcolli1972

See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support. If you mean Apple Music the application, then syncing is managed through Finder in macOS 10.15 Catalina and later. If you mean Apple Music the subscription service, then that isn't compatible with iPod classic. You will only be able to use your locally stored purchases and ripped songs.

tt2

Classic iPod vs apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.