Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Info popup onphotos

How to turn off info “widget,” that pops up when I open a photo on iPad? Photo open, I touch screen to move photo to see more of the photo, info thing comes up and blocks my view.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 5:15 AM

A simple “nudge-down” [i.e., a small swipe] gesture with your finger exposes the Photo info panel. The info panel can again be hidden by tapping the “x” icon at top right of the info panel, or a nudge-up gesture, will again hide the exposed panel. When the info panel is not visible, the normal swipe gestures will operate as normal.

To my knowledge, the info panel cannot be disabled via settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 5:15 AM in response to UncleDave2002

A simple “nudge-down” [i.e., a small swipe] gesture with your finger exposes the Photo info panel. The info panel can again be hidden by tapping the “x” icon at top right of the info panel, or a nudge-up gesture, will again hide the exposed panel. When the info panel is not visible, the normal swipe gestures will operate as normal.

To my knowledge, the info panel cannot be disabled via settings.

Info popup onphotos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.