Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson SureColor P800 with MacBook Pro M1 Max

Hello,

i have buy a MacBook Pro M1 Max and i have an Epson SureColor P800 Printer.

Can i print with this combi?

Thanks and health,

Steeve

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 9:27 AM

SteeveW wrote:

Hello,
i have buy a MacBook Pro M1 Max and i have an Epson SureColor P800 Printer.
Can i print with this combi?

Thanks and health,
Steeve

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

10 replies

Jan 21, 2022 8:57 AM in response to SteeveW

to do this over Wi-Fi, the Printer needs to know three things:

1) what network-name is it supposed to join

2) what is the password to get on that network

3) how is it supposed to get an IP address (DHCP or manual at a specified address)

without all three of these, it can't join your home network, so it can't be 'discovered'.

Over Ethernet, so such requirement are in force. for Network connection, Apple uses Bonjour Discovery Protocol. This requires that your network interface has IPv6 set to "Link-local only", not turned OFF.

who the printer can access the network, you will see it in the default "add-A-Printer" dialog box:

(mine above are all Ethernet connected).

Once the Printer is selected, your Mac will have a discussion with the printer about its capabilities, and may propose several choices of Drivers. BE PATIENT. You must take great care to select the full-featured driver intended for Network use, not the (Often default) AirPrint driver.

Jan 20, 2022 10:01 AM in response to SteeveW

Many printers have been abandoned by their makers rather than upgrade the drivers to 64-bit Drivers.

This printer has NOT been abandoned. The 64-bit driver is available on this page:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/Professional-Imaging-Printers/SureColor-Series/Epson-SureColor-P800/s/SPT_SCP800SE?review-filter=macOS+10.13.x

the other issue is getting the pinter detected. depending on connection method, that may be really simple or quite complex.

¿How are you connecting this printer?

Jan 27, 2022 8:37 AM in response to RAMurphy

Correction to my last post. The AirPrint solution provided the ability to print with a basic driver only. For those of us needing to print photography on fine art media, it is not a solution. I ended up setting up the Epson p800 as an IP printer and this brought back all functionality that I had with my prior mac setup. Hope this helps.

Epson SureColor P800 with MacBook Pro M1 Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.