Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot install Monterey on my MacBook Air (2017). Anyone else have this problem?

I have a MacBook Air 2017. I am unable to complete an installation of Monterey OS. I get to two minutes remaining and the install stops. Has anyone else had this problem?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 12:23 PM

Hello there Monteryinstallation,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having an issue installing the upgrade to macOS Monterey on your MacBook Air. Look for an installer in the downloads folder and put it in the trash. Then try downloading the update again. If the issue persists, try reinstalling the current software using macOS Recovery and then downloading the update again.

How to reinstall macOS

Let us know the results and have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 12:23 PM in response to Montereyinstallation

Hello there Monteryinstallation,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having an issue installing the upgrade to macOS Monterey on your MacBook Air. Look for an installer in the downloads folder and put it in the trash. Then try downloading the update again. If the issue persists, try reinstalling the current software using macOS Recovery and then downloading the update again.

How to reinstall macOS

Let us know the results and have a great day!

I cannot install Monterey on my MacBook Air (2017). Anyone else have this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.