Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GoDaddy Lost Almost All My Emails ...

For about 2 weeks my company had been having with sending and receiving emails. I had not noticed this as we had been on holidays, but only after getting back and everybody started complaining did I realise that we had a problem. I contacted GoDaddy and for an entire week, their technical personal were not that helpful. At some point my account even disappeared from Microsoft Outlook for Mac but my emails were still visible in my cpanel's webmail but I could not download them.

The GoDaddy team for 4 days kept insisting that it was an Outlook problem and not theirs and would not help. I then tried setting up a Gmail account on the same Outlook platform and it worked fine. Fully armed with prove that the issue is with them and not Outlook, I went back to GoDaddy. This was yesterday.

I was attended to by someone very attentive and I was given a new IP address and this worked. I was elated since for a whole week my company had not had access to our emails. As my emails were being downloaded I realised that only a handful of emails had gotten downloaded - dating back to late October 2021. While the emails that we had in the server dated back to 2012!I went back to the technical personal who assured me that I will get all my emails back, but unfortunately I was rushing to a meeting so I could not continue chatting with her.

Today I contacted them and they just told me that nothing can be done. That all my company's emails are gone! 10 plus years worth of emails! I don't believe that. I feel with the new IP address the server location might have changed, meaning my emails could be retrieved.

All my company's email accounts are working fine now on new emails - send and receive, but thousands have disappeared.

Furthermore the storage capacity in my cpanel's webmail keeps on changing from 68.1GB to 403.07MB but the number of emails are the same.The support desk offers no explanation other than telling me that, "... there is nothing else that can be done to get as there is no backup of cpanel emails."

Any help would be appreciative!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 2:19 PM

I have several comments. First, there is nothing that anyone here can do about GoDaddy's lost emails. If they still exist on their server, then download them. What you need but apparently do not have is a local back up of your email messages. I should note that Apple's back up app Time Machine does not back up email messages of its Mail app. They may or may not for Outlook. I would check on that. If not, you can get another backup app, Carbon Copy Cloner, which will back up all emails. The problem with these apps is that they are not equipped to do 19 year backups .Alternatively, most email apps will allow you to create Local Folders as needed. You can drag emails down there and they will be saved for you. Then they can be periodically copied to other sources or disks for saving if needed. I hope these thoughts may be helpful in some way.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 2:19 PM in response to UruSaHaRa

I have several comments. First, there is nothing that anyone here can do about GoDaddy's lost emails. If they still exist on their server, then download them. What you need but apparently do not have is a local back up of your email messages. I should note that Apple's back up app Time Machine does not back up email messages of its Mail app. They may or may not for Outlook. I would check on that. If not, you can get another backup app, Carbon Copy Cloner, which will back up all emails. The problem with these apps is that they are not equipped to do 19 year backups .Alternatively, most email apps will allow you to create Local Folders as needed. You can drag emails down there and they will be saved for you. Then they can be periodically copied to other sources or disks for saving if needed. I hope these thoughts may be helpful in some way.

Feb 6, 2022 9:55 AM in response to UruSaHaRa

Go Daddy are saying that towards the end of January 2022 a cPanel patch was applied to the servers and it has affected thousands of customers email disappearing.

As of today February 6th support told me to check back in 24-72 hours to see if the issue has been resolved.

I'm actually moving all my services away from Go Daddy. This was my last domino to move with a few email accounts. Nothing too crazy if it got lost, but I called to question what was going on and the above is what I have been told.

I would call them if I were you and see if your cPanel server is on the listed of the affected.

GoDaddy Lost Almost All My Emails ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.