Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Not Active

i create an apple id on my iphone, and now is telling me that my apple id is not active and i can't sing out of my device

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 1:39 PM

chosenmobile wrote:

how can i sign out of Apple is not Active?

if this is Activation Lock, then you can only unlock that with the Apple ID and password, or paperwork and a discussion directly with Apple. If the Apple ID holding the lock is not and cannot be re-activated, you’ll need the paperwork and a discussion direct.y with Apple.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 1:39 PM in response to chosenmobile

chosenmobile wrote:

how can i sign out of Apple is not Active?

if this is Activation Lock, then you can only unlock that with the Apple ID and password, or paperwork and a discussion directly with Apple. If the Apple ID holding the lock is not and cannot be re-activated, you’ll need the paperwork and a discussion direct.y with Apple.

Jan 20, 2022 1:03 PM in response to chosenmobile

Creating an Apple ID is unrelated to an Apple ID that’s holding an Activation Lock.

Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent.

if there is an Activation Lock set here and you want to clear that, you will need the Apple ID and password holding the lock, or the original purchase receipt showing the serial number or IMEI or similar legal paperwork and a discussion directly with Apple.

If this is a newly acquired iPhone and you’re asking here, then the seller has probably already disappeared which means no chance they’ll clear it and no chance of refund, which usually means that you got scammed and received a lost or stolen device.

If so, we can’t help, and Apple won’t, and this iPhone will never be useful to you and is probably headed for recycling.

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used iPad/iPhone - Apple Community

Apple ID Not Active

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.